Thursday, September 29, 2011

Losing Interest

These past two weeks I started to read, "A Year of Wonders". I stopped reading it. The plot itself is very interesting and intriguing. But... it got confusing... fast! The story is about a plague that haunts England in 1666 leaving citizens left in horror and despair. I realized that after losing both of my grandparents this year, maybe reading about constant death wasn't the best idea! But I'm contradicting myself... because I am also reading "Columbine". What's wrong with me? I think I need a slight or drastic genre change. Realizing my grandparents are gone has been a very difficult concept for me to fathom. Feelings of sadness and pain have hit me so erratically. Somedays I cry somedays I don't. It's difficult. It's easy to say that with time, the sadness will slowly fade away, but in my world, time makes it harder. I'm very fortunate though. My mom works at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home, where I have been able to surround myself around her loving co- workers who have been there for my mom and I since my grandpa passed away in February. Walking into Hospice is always comforting for me, because there are so many people there who care for my Mom and I. The nurses are so sweet and do an amazing job with patients and their families. A Hospice nurse is so much more personable than an average nurse. When my grandma was at Hospice, the nurses were so caring and compassionate towards my family. They do what ever it takes to make sure the patient and family are comfortable. After she passed away, they swarmed my family and I with hugs. Some even started to cry with us. One of the nurses Yolanda, that helped my grandma for years always gives me the biggest hug and talks about how much she misses my grandma. Even though grieving a death of my grandparents has been a huge tragedy, so many people have reached out to my mom and I with open arms and show us time and time again, that they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment